News: Fabolous Tied To Lamborghini Heist, Rapper Asked To Snitch

Friday, Nov 20, 2009 11:05AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Fabolous has reportedly become involved in a high-profile stolen Lamborghini heist which took place earlier this year and is being requested to give up names to other individuals who took part in the incident.

Reports claim Fab and his entourage were reportedly at the scene of the crime last January in Georgia.

Channel 2 Action News consumer investigator Jim Strickland, who first broke the story last year, obtained surveillance video from the Intercontinental showing how the 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, one of only two brought in the United States, was taken. "The bellman gave the keys to the wrong person. It was a mistake," said an attorney representing Eric Vargosko, the car's rightful owner. Vargosko said he learned that his car was missing from the hotel's valet lot when it came time to check out.  Sources confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that around 5 a.m. on Jan. 31, rapper Fabolous and his entourage left the Intercontinental. (WSBTV News)

A statement regarding the case has been released from attorney Paul Howard.

"We were informed by the Atlanta Police Department that detectives gained information regarding the location of this vehicle by promising counsel for Fabolous that if he told them where the vehicle could be found, the State would not pursue charges. The District Attorney was not a party to this agreement. We have never spoken with this individual or anyone connected with him, including his counsel. We were only made aware of this agreement by APD after they located the vehicle. After discovering the vehicle, the police, in direct contradiction to the promise that was made, asked our office to assist them with this criminal investigation by obtaining certain Grand Jury testimony. To ask my office to participate after the promise was made, in my opinion, directly violates the agreement made to the party who provided the information. (Statement)

The Intercontinental Hotel has also released a statement regarding the car being taken from their building.

"The InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta has accepted responsibility for this unfortunate incident from its inception and has always been willing to provide fair and reasonable compensation for the damages caused to the vehicle by the incident," said Caroline Counihan in a statement to Channel 2. "We hold the safety, comfort and well-being of our guests and employees as our top priority and concern. We have taken several measures, including heightening security, so that a repeat of this incident does not happen." (Six Shot)

While not directly speaking on his name making headlines, Fab resorted to Twitter to reveal his current frustration.

"Un-f*ckin-believable & In-f*ckin-credible...," he wrote Friday (November 20) morning. "2 words to describe my mood." (Fabolous' Twitter)

No further details have been released as of now.

Check out a past Fabolous interview below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus