News: B.G. Explains Hot Boys Reunion Delay, "Lil Wayne's Got To Face The Music W/ His Situation"

Friday, Nov 13, 2009 2:45PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Hot Boys' B.G. recently discussed his take on the delayed reunion with fellow group members Lil Wayne, Juvenile and Turk, suggesting their current legal woes have placed production on a temporary hold.

From B.G.'s perspective, Wayne's upcoming one-year jail bid on a gun charge is the biggest factor delaying their reunion.

"I know I got my own personal dealings to deal with, as far as with the system and things of that nature," Gizzle explained in an interview. "I know Wayne's got to face the music with his situation with the system. But we got time. We got a whole bunch of time to put the album together. We record quick. We already got songs done. But I look at it like, if we record from now until whoever gets sentenced or however it go, we still wouldn't be able to put the album out until [Wayne] comes home. When shorty comes home, I know he'll wanna record a whole 'nother album. So you might have a double Hot Boys CD. You never know. I don't know how it will work out." (MTV)

Juvenile recently said if they did not come together for an album in 2010, fans could still expect to hear Hot Boys music.

"I talk to Baby now and everything is okay," Juve explained in an interview. "Everything is going really well. We plan on doing a Hot Boys album next year some time and if we don't do it, I can definitely guarantee you that we're definitely going to be making a lot of songs together." (All Hip Hop)

Juve recently told SOHH the four-member crew have been prepared to re-join forces for quite some time.

"I like this question, I like this question," Juvie admitted. "I've been talking to Baby, man. I've talked to Baby, he's real behind doing the Hot Boys album thing. He done came at me three times but the whole thing was and I wanna be truthful to everybody, it was me and him talking. Me and Wayne was cool. Me and B.G. was cool, all of us was cool but I really had to talk to Baby. We had to put everything out on the table and settle our differences and that was something we'd never done. And I can honestly say it's been done now so y'all can definitely be looking forward to that album. It's coming. It's confirmed [laughs] I got a check already. I always say that when people ask like, 'Man, they already paid me on the Hot Boys album,' so you know, with me, I'm already in. It's just a matter of everybody else being in. I don't think it would be right if we left Mannie Fresh out. Don't you think? He was the producer, he did all the music for Hot Boys, so we gotta have him involved, if he don't do the whole album [then] he gotta do something on there." (SOHH)

Wayne's plea deal on felony gun possession and drug charges was confirmed in late October.

Lil Wayne has pleaded guilty to attempted weapon possession, and expects to receive a one-year jail sentence. He previously had pleaded not guilty to illegal gun possession charges that carried at least 3 1/2 years in prison upon conviction. His trial had been due to start Jan. 20. (Associated Press)

Check out Juvenile speaking with SOHH about Hot Boys below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus