News: Diddy Signs Mase's "Freedom" Papers, "It Took Me 10 Years To Get This Paperwork" [Video]
Monday, Oct 19, 2009 10:30AM
Diddy reportedly released Mase from his Bad Boy contract during a radio interview at Atlanta, Georgia radio station V103 over the weekend.
According to online footage, the two spoke during a radio interview and had paperwork signed on-camera.
"It took me ten years to get this paperwork right here," Mase said in an interview. "I had to put this in UPS with a seal on it. I don't even know what I'ma put out now. Oh my goodness. We good, we good. This is Mase, I got my official papers right here from Puff Daddy, it was love, so I guess we don't have no problems after all. I don't even know how to take that. I'm ain't used to Puff doing good stuff." (Shuddup)
Despite the hype, hip-hop personality Miss Info has detailed the terms of his contract release.
UPDATE: Ok, so my insider tells me....that signature wasn't on a contract release form...it was basically an appearance release form. Basically, Diddy is allowing Mase to appear on songs with other artists. He is not freeing Mase from his contractual obligations to Bad Boy. But this is a start, because Mase already has a big feature in the works, as well as a potential home at Interscope.....which would work out well in terms of those old contractual obligations because Diddy is already over at Interscope as well. (Miss Info)
Diddy recently said he accepted an apology from Mase.
"We definitely reunited as friends, he called me and one day said he wanted to apologize for a lot of things we had been through," Diddy explained in an interview. "And I totally accepted his apology. A lot of people didn't understand the hold-up with his contract and everything is that he decided to break out and become a preacher, God bless Mase." (Rap Radar)
Puff also said Mase reached out to him for guidance with his rap career earlier this month.
"With the future of Bad Boy I definitely think it's time for me to really come up with a game plan because a lot of things have changed. I got a great legacy that I have to protect. I don't want to sign anything new right now. I'm not making anything new. I just want to come up with a game plan that works for the future of Bad Boy. It could [include Mase]. Mase has called me," Diddy said. "We've spoken. He's basically said, 'Just keep your eye on me. Making this switch, I gotta kinda bear this cross myself for a second. Just watch what I do.' I said, 'I've seen.' He's definitely one of the dopest emcees to ever touch the game. People can't deny that. He's one of the most successful. I've seen people come back from different things in this game. I said, 'Yeah. Without a doubt, I'll keep my eye on you.' I spoke to him today. He's out there working." (MTV)
Check out Diddy and Mase below:
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.