News: Raekwon Promises Joe Budden's Safety, "I Don't Want Nobody To Hurt That Man" [Video]

Monday, Aug 17, 2009 8:28AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

After a publicized dispute with Joe Budden earlier this month, Raekwon has promised his issues with the rapper would not lead to violence and expressed his respect for Slaughterhouse.

In addition to upholding the peace truce, Raekwon also broke down why he has decided to fall back on Budden during a Canada concert over the weekend.

"First and foremost, what I would like to say, about that Joe Budden sh*t, we got the tape n*gga," Raekwon told a Toronto crowd. "Other than that, Raekwon loves you...I am a hundred percent street n*gga still, we don't get on camera and do that. Now my thing is this, I got love for Slaughterhouse. I like Slaughterhouse, them n*ggas already made it clear they have a lot of respect for Wu-Tang, for myself, this has never ever been a Wu-Tang versus Slaughterhouse thing -- This is about a kid who gets off on doing blogs. My thing is this, I'm a business man, I'm here to make money, take care of my family and keep as many people safe and sound as possible. We not gonna take it there 'cause that's little sh*t? we are grown men. I will never jump out the window to sacrifice the situation with my family for something that ain't worth it. I don't want nobody to hurt that man or do anything to him because I'm so known in so many different places, that's the easiest sh*t in the world? I don't want that. We are going to keep it moving with hip-hop, he knows to respect his elders." (YouTube)

Raekwon recently spoke with radio personality Charlamagne about his stance on the Budden dispute.

"September 8th, I love Joe Budden," Raekwon joking said in an interview. "My thing is this, it's like, enough is enough. You know what I mean? Enough is enough. I'm on the road swallowing a lot you know, 'cause I'm a business man. I'm really trying to escape that negativity world. Because at the end of the day I'ma lose. I got children. I got family. You know what I mean? And it's like, I'm the type of dude that I don't get no points off of punching no little dude. I got love for him..." (100.3 The Beat)

Budden previously said there were talks being made which suggested their camps were speaking to one another to squash their differences.

"It's fixed," Budden told radio host Angie Martinez last Thursday (August 13) afternoon. "Slaughterhouse is for peace -- the [handshake] was for business purposes. I think we're already there [for moving forward.] I'm not saying me and him in particular, but, the people who need to speak to each other are definitely speaking to each other..." (Miss Info)

Despite claims made by Budden, Raekwon released a statement last week which said the rapper had not publicly addressed the alleged fight.

"Contrary to various reports that have been circulating on the Internet since Saturday, Raekwon has made no statement, either official or unofficial, about a reported altercation that supposedly involved members of his entourage and rap artist Joe Budden," a statement reads. "This includes statements allegedly made to the staff of Rock The Bells. Raekwon and his associates are busy focusing on his company, IceH20 and preparing for the highly anticipated release of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II that will hit stores September 8th, 2009." (Hip Hop DX)

Check out Raekwon speaking on Joe Budden below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus