News: C-Murder Associate Admits To Fatally Shooting Teen

Thursday, Jul 16, 2009 7:54AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Corey "C-Murder" Miller associate Juan Flowers, who is serving a life sentence, has confessed to the fatal shooting of a teenager murder charge which the rapper is currently facing.

Despite his confession, Flowers reportedly offered a different story in the past which may nullify his statement.

Three weeks before Miller is retried on a murder charge, Flowers has admitted he was the shooter in a Harvey nightclub seven years ago that left a teenager dead, Miller's attorney said. Prosecutors, however, said Flowers, who was with Miller at the Platinum Club on Jan. 12, 2002, denied he and the rapper were involved in Steve Thomas' killing. Miller's attorney, Ron Rakosky, wants Flowers transported from Smith State Prison in Glenville, Georgia, to testify in Miller's trial, records show. "Juan Edwin Flowers has stated under oath that it was he who fired the shot which killed Steve Thomas," Rakosky wrote in the July 3 request. "His testimony is therefore relevant and he is a material witness." (NOLA News)

C-Murder pleaded "no contest" to attempted murder charges in a separate case earlier this year.

Rapper C-Murder has pleaded no contest to two counts of attempted second-degree murder. In the plea agreement, C-Murder, whose real name is Corey Miller, will be sentenced by the judge to 10 years in prison. The formal sentencing will be August 25th. (WAFB News)

He was accused of trying to shoot two men at a nightclub.

Jury selection finally got under way Tuesday (May 26) in Miller's attempted murder trial, nearly eight years after the rapper allegedly tried to shoot two men at a Baton Rouge nightclub. In the Baton Rouge case, Miller is accused of trying to shoot the owner of Club Raggs and a bouncer. Jury selection will resume today. No jurors were picked Tuesday. Three dozen of the nearly 50 potential jurors being questioned said they have heard of Corey Miller. The trial is expected to last until Friday, state District Judge Tony Marabella said. (2TheAdvocate)

Murder is currently awaiting retrial in August for the 2002 fatal shooting charge.

Miller was convicted in 2003, but former Judge Martha Sassone granted him a new trial after she found that prosecutors improperly withheld criminal background information on three witnesses from the defense. The state Supreme Court sided with Sassone in 2006, and she then set a $500,000 bond for Miller and ordered him into house arrest. (WDSU News)

No further information on the case has been provided as of today (July 16).

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus