Exclusive: Fabolous Cancels Tour W/ Rick Ross & Juelz Santana, "I Wanna Do Something More Intimate" [Video]

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 8:00AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne & Danica Dow

With the summer nearly here, Fabolous recently spoke with SOHH to announce his cancellation of the joint tour alongside Rick Ross and Juelz Santana set to begin next month.

While saying his decision was not based on the artists, Fab did explain what reasons he had for not joining his fellow Def Jam labelmates.

"The thing with the Rick Ross tour, I think it was like a two-week run and I felt like I just wanted to go a different way," Fab explained. "I didn't really want to do an arena tour or any kind of mixture of that. I wanna do something more intimate, you know, House of Blues type of setting , theater kind of setting and something that complimented me supportive-wise. Not to say Rick Ross and Juelz didn't, hip-hop's so sensitive that you have to do a disclaimer for everything you say. And this project, Loso's Way, I also wanted to do a show with a band...Some hip-hop acts need to try that as well, 'cause it's really instrumental...I just wanted to do something different, so I'm not gonna be on that tour, but look for me to be out on the road late July." (SOHH)

Reports broke out earlier this month about their initial national tour.

Three Def Jam all-stars are coming to a city near you this summer. Rick Ross, Fabolous, and Juelz Santana will kick off a joint tour in July, Rap-Up.com can exclusively report. Dates for the national outing have yet to be announced, but this is shaping up to be one of the season's hottest tickets. This is not the first time the trio has worked together. All three rappers collaborated on The-Dream's remix to 'Rockin' That Thang.' (Rap-Up)

Lil Wayne and rap newcomer Drake will also be hitting the summer stages next month.

We have learned that as of right now it is only Lil Wayne and Drake on the tour, no word on Jay-Z and Young Jeezy who were rumored to be joining as well. We also learned that the tour will begin in July this summer. No dates and venues have been announced but we can expect those soon. This information has been confirmed by Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant. We will be keeping you up-to-date on any news regarding the tour, as well as posting dates as they become available. Keep checking back. (New Lil Wayne)

Aside from touring, Fab recently shared his thoughts on hip-hop's current hot topic, Jay-Z's "Death of Autotune."

"Autotune just became trendy man," he said in an interview. "Like everybody started to feel like, 'Okay, I'ma make a record and just put autotune in my voice and sing.' The people who were successful with using autotune, T-Pain, he did it with R&B. Kanye [West] took it a different kind of way trying to alternate hip-hop and then Lil Wayne did it in a hip-hop form. I think they were successful and people looked at that and said, 'We gonna just jump on top of that and make this thing our way of doing it.' It just took autotune to this trendy place and anything that gets very trendy like that, it's usually the death of it. Jay-Z was the one who took a stand and said I'm tired of this sh*t. And I think a lot of people felt that way." (Real Talk NY)

Check out Fab's interview with SOHH below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus