News: Foxy Brown Cell Phone Assault Case Dismissed, Judge Cites Technicality
Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 7:38AM
The lawsuit that claimed Foxy Brown beat up a woman with her cell phone nearly two years ago has been dismissed by a New York judge.
The decision was reportedly made earlier this week in her hometown.
A lawsuit accusing bad-girl rapper Foxy Brown of smashing a Brooklyn woman in the head with her Blackberry has been dismissed, her lawyer said yesterday (April 29). Justice Robert Miller in Brooklyn Supreme Court ruled Monday that the rapper, whose real name is Inga Marchand, was never served with legal papers. (NY Post)
She previously pleaded guilty in the case last May.
Brown and neighbor Arlene Raymond got into a fight last July over Brown blasting her car stereo outside their Brooklyn apartment building. As part of the plea deal, the 28-year-old rapper wrote a letter apologizing to Raymond. Brown presented the letter to Justice John Walsh in a Brooklyn. He also extended Raymond's order of protection (USA Today)
Foxy's attorney Laura Delimentin previously questioned the nature of the lawsuit.
"She is a troubled girl," Delimentin said before alleging that Raymond was jealous of Brown and her family has caused trouble on their Prospect Heights block for years. "They knew this was a weak case," piped in Brown, unable to resist a dig at prosecutors. "My family has lived on that block for almost 50 years and has never been a problem."(NY Daily News)
The rapper was accused of attacking the woman throughout her body around July 2007.
Brown allegedly bruised the eye and chipped the tooth of her longtime neighbor Arlene Raymond when she struck the woman with the handheld communications device. Brooklyn Supreme Court Judge John Walsh sentenced Brown to time already served, issued an order of protection and ordered Brown to submit a letter of apology, the spokesman said. (The Insider)