News: Artists Weigh In On Chris Brown & Rihanna Dispute, Wrigley Suspends Brown's Ad Campaign
Monday, Feb 9, 2009 4:20PM
With allegations of a domestic dispute swirling around Chris Brown and Rihanna several celebs were asked to weigh in, while Brown's Wrigley gum sponsorship pulls back.
As a result of the charges Wrigley announced that they are suspending their DoubleMint gum ad campaign with Chris Brown.
"Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown. We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen," the company said in a statement released to MTV News. "However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved." (MTV)
David Banner, who collaborated with Brown on the hit single, "Get Like Me" was surprised to hear that the R&B singer had been arrested.
When asked if this incident sounds like Chris Brown to him, rapper David Banner told Rolling Stone, "No, not at all. One situation doesn't define a man and I really want American to stop doing that to people. As humans, none of us is perfect." (Rolling Stone)
Akon who spoke to reporters before Brown surrendered, acknowledged that he'd heard the rumors.
"I heard rumors about it but I'm not quite sure exactly what happened or what the deal is. Hopefully they'll be able to get through it though."(Associated Press)
Music legend Quincy Jones also seemed aware of the couple's trouble.
"Number one they have to have the pain first, just have all of it and get it out of your system so you don't have emotional poison. That's the way I look at it."(Associated Press)
As previously reported, the police were looking for Chris Brown as a result of an alleged domestic violence incident that took place on Saturday night.
Los Angeles police say they're investigating an alleged domestic violence felony battery report involving Chris Brown. The police department says in a release the 19-year-old singer and a woman were in a vehicle in the Hancock Park neighborhood early Sunday when they began arguing. (Associated Press)
Brown turned himself in the following evening.
The R&B singer posted $50K bail and was released from custody yesterday at approximately 6:30 PM -- after his SUV was chased through L.A. streets. Brown, who was booked on charges of making felony criminal threats, faces up to 9 years in prison. (Extra)
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.