News: Suge Knight Escapes Drug, Battery Charges
Friday, Dec 5, 2008 3:40PM
Former Death Rob labelhead Suge Knight has had an assault and battery case dropped against him stemming from alleged physical altercation with girlfriend Melissa Isaac last summer.
According to TMZ, Suge's attorneys David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld were able to convince a Vegas judge to toss out both battery and drug charges against the mogul due to a "lack of production in discovery and the failure of witnesses to be subpoenaed."
Rathern than proceeding with the case, opposing prosecutors decided to dismiss the proceedings all together in Vegas court.
"God is good," Suge told TMZ. "I've got the two best lawyers in America. Happy holidays."
Despite the ruling, prosecutors will, however, move the case to a grand jury's review.
"The grand jury will consider favorable evidence in regard to Mr. Knight," Chesnoff told TMZ. "We look forward to it."
As previously reported by SOHH, Suge was charged with felony and misdemeanor charges last month.