: <p><a href="http://www.sohh.com/2008/08/news-50-cent-av.html">As recently reported by <em>SOHH</em></a>, the G-Unit leader has suffered the blame for his lack of availability to answer questions with an arson squad as one of the reasons the department has
Friday, Aug 22, 2008 10:47AM
Written By Cyrus Langhorne
Despite reports claiming that 50 Cent was stalling the investigation into the destruction of his Long Island mansion, the multi-platinum rapper's camp said he spoke with authorities yesterday.
As recently reported by SOHH, the G-Unit leader has suffered the blame for his lack of availability to answer questions with an arson squad as one of the reasons the department has not been able to reach a conclusion on the incident.
"We interview every owner of every structure that goes on fire," an official previously told ABC News. "It's standard procedure."
Despite not talking with anyone since the home was destroyed in late May, 50's personnel have released a statement to TMZ claiming he has recently spoken with officials and he never meant to intentionally draw out the investigation process.
"50 and his attorneys met yesterday with Suffolk County authorities regarding the fire that destroyed 50's house," the statement reads. "The meeting had been arranged weeks ago. 50 is eager to review the findings of the investigation, when it is concluded."
50's multi-million dollar home burnt to the ground late last May. Six people including his 10 year-old son Marquis and ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins, who was residing in the house, escaped the fire and were rushed to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Tompkins, who is the mother of 50's son, claimed that the rap mogul was behind the fire, which in turn has caused Fif to file suit against her over the allegations. The pair are due back in court next month to fight the case.