Impact: Hip-Hop Reminisces Over B.I.G., The Game & Young Buck Call A Truce, Juelz Santana & Whoo Kid Rep Their Set
Friday, Mar 9, 2007 12:00AM
In this week\'s Pulse Report, the streets are buzzing about the 10th anniversary of Biggie\'s Death, Young Buck and The Game making peace, and Juelz Santana and DJ Whoo Kid chilling together.
[Editor\'s Note: The views of this column don\'t necessarily reflect those of SOHH.com]
1. Celebrating Biggie ten years after his death. Finally a Pulse Report week with minimal negativity. Not that he isn\'t remembered year-round, but the past week has served as a celebration of The Notorious B.I.G.\'s life. First H.D. and the Young Hov Project director hit up the streets for B.I.G. Karaoke. Ha! Word is they got fools to stop and rhyme Biggie\'s "Juicy" in damn near teen-degree weather in New York City. [Watch Now] Elsewhere, B.I.G. collaborators like Styles P, Jadakiss and Mister Cee commemorated the emcee during a video tribute on AOL Music. [Watch Now] Why are Styles and Kiss all slouched into the couch like that? For more Biggie, check out this exclusive outtake of Big performing "Juicy." [Watch Now]
R.I.P. The Notorious B.I.G. aka Big Poppa aka Frank White aka Biggie Smalls aka Christoper Wallace... 1972-1997
2. Buck and Game make peace. Fi-na-lly! Only days before the anniversary of Big\'s death, Buck and Game have squashed their feud. Interestingly, 50 Cent and Game also "ended" their beef nearly two years ago on March 9. Let\'s just hope this one remains peaceful. Word is DJ Reflex and DJ Skee of Los Angeles\' Power 106 put Game and Buck on the phone earlier this week. The two were actually slated to meet at the station later that day, but Buck\'s legal team wouldn\'t let him go up due to cases he has pending. [Listen Now] "It basically went from Buck and Game coming to the studio tonight with me and you to let LA know that they\'re all good, everything is cool, they\'re moving on, to a phone call 30 minutes ago saying that Buck\'s legal wouldn\'t let him come up because there are cases that he has in D.C. and this and that," Skee revealed. "Great news that Buck and Game did get on the phone in LA today and they both came to a conclusion that it\'s time to move on, it\'s all good, that Vegas stuff, let\'s put it behind us. Let\'s keep it moving." How is Fif going to feel about this one?
3. Juelz and Whoo Kid defuse Dipset/G-Unit feud. Don\'t call it the Dipset/G-Unit feud again. Besides Fif and Cam, it turns out that nobody is really into it. Jones has repeatedly downplayed it, asserting that it\'s only fun while Buck said Fif can handle the matter on his own. Earlier this week, Juelz and DJ Whoo Kid appeared on BET\'s "Rap City" together, further proving that the beef isn\'t all it\'s cracked up to be. "I know what ya\'ll wondering, man. Juelz Santana and Whoo Kid. 50 Cent and Cam. Well, I feel like it\'s good for hip-hop. You got two bosses going at it, you dig," Santana explained. "You know what team I ride for, Dipset for life. And you know who he ride for, G-Unit. And if it ever stands a day where we can\'t stand on this couch together, then that\'s what it would be."
4. Timbo to CPR Britney Spears. There may be a light at the end of Miss Spears\' tunnel after all. After soaring to the top of the pop charts with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, Timberland now wants to help rekindle Spears\' failing career. Technically, it isn\'t failing at all. Didn\'t she at least sell 3 Mill last time out? Anyway, Timbo wants to work with Britney and he\'d even like to have her ex JT in on the project. "I asked Justin, \'How would you feel about me working with Britney?\' I had to ask him that," Timbo told Entertainment Weekly. "I said, \'Would you do it with me?\'" JT apparently said he\'d be willing to do it if Spears was "serious."
5. JR Writer and Dasit diss on. In case you\'re wondering, the ban stands. But, it wouldn\'t make sense not to cover Tru and Bleek and allow JR to have his say about them in this column. Achievements? Well, Writer has none. Cam is still breast-feeding him and he\'s still putting out volumes of his Writer\'s Block mixtapes. He\'s up to 4.5 or something. Anyway, he has a song going at the usual suspects. If you\'re a fan, find it yourself. It won\'t be on here. Sorry Dasit, the same goes for you buddy. The first reject from "ego trip\'s The (white) Rapper Show" has reportedly released a diss song against MC Serch. It\'s not like Serch is an icon as the VH1 titles suggest, and he did play himself several times on the show; but who the hell is Dasit to go at him or Haystak for that matter?